Registration Transfer

Online Registration for the 2024-2025 School Year is Now Open

Please see below to register for Belmont Public Schools Grades 5-12

Belmont Public Schools Online Registration

  • Please do not bring any registration documents to the schools

  • Registration is for incoming kindergartners and students new to Belmont Public Schools; existing Belmont Public School students do not need to re-register

If you want to view this information in another language, please see the Google translate available at the bottom of this page. 

Per Massachusetts General Law, only students residing with a parent or legal guardian in the Town of Belmont are eligible to attend the Belmont Public Schools when they are age appropriate. Please note possessing guardianship in of itself does not allow a child to enroll in Belmont Public Schools and requires review and Superintendent approval.

For students who are Homeless and may have challenges providing the required residency documentation, please contact the Superintendent’s office for further guidance and assistance.

Chenery Middle School and Belmont High School Required Documents

After you have completed the online registration forms, please submit the residency and health documents noted below. The process for submitting documents will be emailed to you once you complete the online forms.

1: Proof of Residency

If you own a home:

  • Deed or mortgage payment

  • Light Bill from Belmont Light within past 60 days (if just moved, can get letter from Belmont Light upon move-in/activation and then must provide first bill to school)

If you rent your home:

  • Light Bill from Belmont Light within past 60 days (if just moved, can get letter from Belmont Light upon move-in/activation and then must provide first bill to school)

  • Residency Verification Form  signed and notarized original Residency Verification Form from legal owner/landlord of home; please print out for landlord to get notarized;

  • Lease - must show current year and full lease signed by landlord and tenant

2: Proof of Identification

  • birth certificate (passport if none)

  • government-issued photo identification of one parent or legal guardian

3: Health Records

  • Student Health History Form (included as part of online registration)

  • health records from physician including;
    -physical exam taken place within 12 months
    -proof of immunization
    -meningococcal vaccine for entry into grades 7 and 11 (grade 11 requirement is for a booster dose of vaccine on or after 16th birthday)

Please see Health Care Guidelines below

Other Documents

Please submit official transcript and MCAS scores (if transferring from a public school in Massachusetts) to your school

All documents not in English, including health records and immunizations, must be translated into English by a certified translator.

Start Grades 5-12 Online Registration Here for New students to Belmont Public Schools

Note: students currently attending BPS schools do not need to re-register.

Our online registration forms are translated into many languages. Choose the language you want in a pulldown menu at the top right corner of the page. If you need additional assistance with interpretation/translation, please email Lindsey Rinder.

Chenery Upper Elementary and Belmont Middle School: Please call the phone numbers below with any questions regarding registration or how to submit your documents:
Grades 4, 5 & 6: 617-993-5820
Grades 7 & 8: 617-993-2005

Belmont High School (grades 9-12): Please call the Guidance Office with any questions regarding registration or how to submit your documents at 617-993-5910. All students who enter/withdraw from Belmont High School may be required to meet with and receive approval by the principal.

Health Care Guidelines

All students entering Belmont Public Schools must meet the immunization requirements set up by Chapter 76, Section 15 of the General Laws of Massachusetts. Proof of immunization must be presented to the school nurse when registering for school. Failure to comply with this ruling will result in exclusion from school. For more information visit the Health Department web site.

Moving Within the Town of Belmont 

If moving within the Town of Belmont, please submit a new proof of residency to your school to assure enrollment and the correct processing of your new Belmont address.


Students transferring to another school or withdrawing from Belmont High School must submit an Official Withdrawal Notice signed by a parent/guardian (unless student is 16 or over) to the guidance office. Students withdrawing who wish to “drop out,” must be afforded an exit interview. Students must also return books, school issued IPads, and other school property to the office. Transcripts will not be released until the student has resolved any/all obligations and has officially withdrawn.

Transfer Credits

BHS will accept for credit courses from other secondary schools. Students successfully completing BHS equivalent courses at another secondary school cannot retake those courses at BHS. Acceptance of and the designation (college prep, honors, AP) of credits from other institutions is at the discretion of the BHS administration. Courses accepted for credit that do not logically correlate with BHS offerings will be assigned a generic title on the student transcript and may not carry the same credit value. Transfer grades will be listed as P’s or F’s on the BHS transcript. 

If a transfer student is fluent in a language other than English and their previous transcript shows that they have studied this other language for at least two years, then this can count as their “foreign language” two year graduation credit.


The guidance department works with students to prepare and mail their transcripts for college; there is a $10 processing fee, which covers shipping and materials, for the guidance department to send transcripts for seniors.