Summer Reading Lists 2016: The summer reading lists are a joint project of the Belmont Public Schools and the Belmont Public Library. They are designed to encourage students in Belmont to make reading a habit, raising both their interest in and level of reading. The following is a list of suggested books for your child’s reading pleasure.
For more recommendations, visit the Belmont Public Library Children’s Room and talk with a librarian. Also be sure to sign up for the Library’s Summer Reading Program. The theme this year isGet in the Game: Read!
Please, enjoy these books with your child.
Summer Reading list for K - 5
Kindergarten: Colleen Cox-Teacher, Jean Travia-Kindergarten Assistant,
Brenda Johnston-Teacher, Kathy McClallen-Kindergarten Assistant, Wendy Pellegrine-Teacher, Jean Crisafi-Kindergarten Assistant
Anne Wardwell, Selina Moeller, Jodi Wollner
Grade 2: Katie Caritey, Laura Nelson, Patrick Mongeau, Sarah Costa
Grade 3: Lisa O’Sullivan, Janet Flaherty, Sarah Pierson
Grade 4: Cliff Gallant, Nik von Huene, Jess Ames
Dates to Remember
- Wednesday, September 7th: First day of school for students in grades 1-4-dismissal at 1:40 p.m.
- Friday, September 16th: PTA Welcome Coffee in the Library at 8:40am – 9:40 a.m.
- Monday, September 19: Burbank Curriculum Night, 6:30 – 8:15 p.m.
- Monday, September 26: PTA Meeting - 7:00p.m. – 8:15 p.m. (Cafeteria)
- Wednesday, September 28th: Professional Development, early dismissal at 11:40 a.m.
PTA Welcome Coffee – New and returning parents are invited to have coffee in the library from 8:40a.m.-9:40a.m., Friday, September 16th. This is an opportunity to meet other Burbank Parents. PTA membership information will be available.