Summer Reading Lists 2016: The summer reading lists are a joint project of the Belmont Public Schools and the Belmont Public Library. They are designed to encourage students in Belmont to make reading a habit, raising both their interest in and level of reading. The following is a list of suggested books for your child’s reading pleasure.
For more recommendations, visit the Belmont Public Library Children’s Room and talk with a librarian. Also be sure to sign up for the Library’s Summer Reading Program. The theme this year isGet in the Game: Read!
Please, enjoy these books with your child.
Summer Reading list for K - 5
The Belmont Summer Enrichment Program is back and better than ever! Students entering grades 1-6 are able to sign up for two exciting classes per session.
Here are some of the classes we have to offer for 2016:
- Does your incoming 5th grader want to learn a skill that will help navigate her future? Try our new Coding class, learning how to design our technological future!
- Is your child into problem solving? How about trying our Engineering course for entering 3rd and 4th graders.
- Does your child have an eye for design? Have him try our Graphic Design class or our Found Object and Recyclable Jewelry class.
- Is your child motivated by movement? Check out our selection of physically active classes for all levels.
- Want to get your kids on a healthy track before the 2016-2017 school year? Try our Nutrition class.
For students entering Pre-K and Kindergarten, we have a 3 hour class specializing in socialization, physical movement, creativity and problem solving.
Sign up on the Belmont Public Schools Summer Programs website
Email Katie Kelley and Pete Tausek (Co-directors) at email@example.com with questions.
We look forward to a highly rewarding summer with you and your children.