Dates to Remember
Wednesday, March 6: EARLY RELEASE–11:40 dismissal–Parent Conferences (Tues. Sched.)
- Friday, March 8: Burbank Movie Night – 6:30-8:30pm
- Wednesday, March 13: EARLY RELEASE–11:40 dismissal–Parent Conferences (Wed. Sched.)
- Monday, March 18: Coffee with the Principal – 8:45-9:30am
- Wednesday, March 20: EARLY RELEASE–11:40 dismissal–Parent Conferences (Thurs. Sched)
- Thursday, March 21: Geography Challenge grades K-2 9:00-10:30am
- Friday, March 22: Geography Challenge grades 3 & 4 – 9:00-10:00am
Dear Burbank Families,
Thank you to all of the families who came out to support STEM Night. The gym was alive with various presentations and families engaging in different activities related to science, technology, engineering and math. I don’t have the exact number of people in attendance, but it seemed to me to be the largest turn out for STEM Night in recent memory. It was also nice to see so many former Burbank students presenting at tables throughout the gym, and many who returned to participate and learn about various topics related to STEM, along with the younger students. A big thank you to the PTA who organized this event. The planning behind this event, starts in September, and requires many volunteers.
We are supporting Cradles to Crayons in collaboration with the Belmontian Club at Belmont High School. Families have donated generously to this cause, by either donating a dollar, or brining in pajamas for families in need. Our support of Cradles to Crayons has been a long standing tradition at Burbank, and it’s really great to see the students’ come into the office with their donations-they feel as though they are helping, and they are. This is a great example of our core value of well-being for others.