Dear Belmont Families and Community Members,
Our return to school this fall brought many exciting things for our Performing Arts programs. For the first time since March 2019 our students are singing, dancing, acting and playing instruments together in their classrooms. As if this were not reason enough to celebrate, we are also opening incredible new performance venues at Belmont High School that we cannot wait for you to see.
As we prepare to invite audiences back into our schools, here are some guidelines for those who plan to attend events in any of our schools this year:
- MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED for all audience members.
- Food/drinks will not be allowed in performance spaces.
- Families are encouraged to sit together, and to leave one seat between themselves and other groupswhenever possible.
- Students performing on stage for theater events will be unmasked. These students have been required by the Belmont School Committee to be vaccinated.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 should not attend performances. You can reference the BPS Student Symptom Checker here.
We appreciate your compliance with these requirements. Welcoming audiences back into our schools will be a major step back to “normal” for our students and our performing arts programs. We hope to have enthusiastic audiences at all of our events this year.
Thank you for your continued support of Arts Education in the Belmont Public Schools.