Belmont Public Schools Grade 4 String Program
Meg Dagon, Grade 4-5 String Teacher, email@example.com
Arto Asadoorian, Director of Visual & Performing Arts, firstname.lastname@example.org
- All 4th Graders attend music classes two days per week with their classroom
- Additionally, students in Grade 4 may choose to play a string instrument, receiving group lessons once per week in addition to their regular music instruction.
- Lessons focus on building good instrumental technique and expanding music literacy.
- All instruction takes place during the regular school day.
- Some performances are scheduled over the course of the year after school.
A $250 Participation fee is required in addition to the cost of your instrument rental. Fee wavers, reductions and scholarship instruments are available to those who qualify. Free/reduced participation in Saturday Morning Music School and weekly private lessons at Powers Music School are also available.
Over the next week, Ms. Dagon will visit each 4th Grade classroom to talk to students about the Grade string program.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Talk to your students and decide if they would like to learn to play a string instrument (Violin, Viola, Cello or Bass).
Complete this registration form to make your selection by Sept. 19. https://forms.gle/9eKR4L321yS8sgmQ7
Go to www.belmont.k12.ma.us/bps/fpa/Registration to pay the BPS Grade 4-5 Instrumental Music Registration Fee ($250) or apply for a fee waiver.
- Fee waivers and reductions are available. Instructions are available at the registration link above, or by calling 617-993-5990.
- David French Music provides free/reduced price instruments to qualifying students.
- Powers Music School provides free/reduced tuition to Saturday Morning Music School as well as for weekly private lessons. More information is available on their website.
Attend Instrument Rental Day in the BHS Cafeteria on Sept. 19 anytime between 4:00-7:00 PM to rent your instrument from David French Music.
- Rental prices vary by instrument, generally ranging from $25-45/month
- Bring a photo ID and major credit card to Rental Day
- You may acquire an instrument any way you like, you are not required to rent from David French Music. Renting is generally a much wiser financial choice than purchasing an instrument.
- This is an interest-free, rent-to-own agreement.
- Most repair costs are covered by your rental agreement.
- Resizing string instruments is included as your child grows.
WHO TO CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS