Prior to 7:45 a.m., students in grades 5 and 6 may gather in the cafeteria and the auditorium, respectively. At 7:45, all students proceed to their lockers and then to their homerooms.
- 7:45 a.m.: Locker time
- 7:55 a.m.: School begins in homeroom morning announcements.
- 2:25 p.m.: School dismissal on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
- 1:15 p.m.: School dismissal on Wednesdays
- 11:00 a.m.: Early Release day
At dismissal students participating in after school activities or meeting with a teacher may report to the appropriate classroom. All students who are not in the care of an adult are expected to pack up their materials and report to buses or the front or back exits for pick up or walking home.
In the event that student will be absent, late, or dismissed early, please have your parents/guardians notify the school as soon as possible by calling the attendance line:
- Attendance line: 617-993-5822 or use this form: Contact Us
- Requesting a Dismissal
- Hallway Passes
Massachusetts General Law Chapter 76, section 1, mandates that all students between the ages of 6 and 16 attend school. In accordance with this regulation, school districts are required to regularly monitor attendance and report any excessive absences to the appropriate state agencies. If we do not hear from their parents or guardian when they are absent, school personnel will make efforts to contact them. If students are absent from school, they may not participate in after school or evening activities on that day without prior approval from a building administrator.
Good work ethic and habits begin with punctuality. If students reach school after 7:55 AM, all students should go directly to the main office to be checked in. Students will be given a pass to report to class. If student know that he/she will be late for school, please have your parents/guardian call the attendance line as soon as possible. Students are expected to make up missing assignments due to tardiness or absence in a timely determined by their teacher.
Requesting a dismissal
Although we realize it is sometimes necessary to have to be dismissed early from school, our dismissal procedure is intended to minimize disruptions to the learning process. Student's parents/guardian should call our attendance line in advance to let us know their plans to dismiss their child:
- When parent/guardian arrives in the main office for a student dismissal we will call the student out of class and parent/guardian must sign the student out.
- Students may not leave the building without a parent/guardian present.
- Upon returning to school student should report to the main office to be checked-in and receive a pass to return to class.
For students safety and the safety of all our students and staff it is important that students are accounted for in case of an emergency. For this reason students should have a pass to be in the hallways whenever classes are in session. This pass indicates that an adult is aware of students whereabouts while not in class.