Address: Butler Elementary School
90 White St,
Belmont, MA 02478
Contribute to the Butler PTA online by using the Pay Pal Button below. Donations are tax deductible.
Thank you to “DJ Tree” (aka Mr. Bumgaurtner) for a super fun Glow Dance! We hope the first week of Spring School has gone well. Butler PTA is stronger with YOU. Please reach out to email@example.com if you are interested in becoming more involved. No matter how much time you have to give, your participation will benefit our community.
All Our Best,
Stephanie Crement and Megan Olowinski
Butler PTA Co-Presidents
In this newsletter, you will find information about:
1. Upcoming Events:
- PTA Board Meeting - 4/15 (All are welcome!)
- Flower Fundraiser - Order by 4/20
- Virtual Talent Show - 4/30
- Teacher Appreciation Week - 5/3-5/7
- Picture Day - 5/6
- Math and Science Night - 5/6
- May Food Truck - 5/7
- Butler Garden and Yard Clean-up - 5/15
- Belmont Books Virtual Event - 5/19
- International Week - 5/24-5/28
- PTA Calendar for the rest of the school year
2. Families of Fourth Graders: Moving On Announcements
3. DEI Committee
For updates and information, please also check the PTA section of the Butler website, and join our Facebook pages: Daniel Butler PTA and Butler Elementary Belmont MA Parents.
PTA Board Meeting - TONIGHT, 4/15, 7 p.m.
Join our Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88417512148?pwd=NzZMQVFHeUNmVkZBRmFjRXRMOW5DQT09
Meeting ID: 884 1751 2148
Our next meeting will be on Thursday, May 20 at 7 p.m.
Flower Fundraiser with Jayne’s - Order by April 20!
This spring, say thank you--with beautiful Jayne's tulip bouquets--to those who have supported you and your family this year! Up to $5 from each $10 bouquet goes to support the Butler PTA, and you'll also receive a coupon code for a discount on future delivery orders from Jayne's! Order by April 20, with flower pickup options on May 1 (at Jayne's) or May 3 (at Butler).
Link to order form: https://forms.gle/5HuRbZHYsBJAdzNK9
Questions? Contact Norah Piehl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talent Show - Friday, April 30 at 7 p.m.
Let’s see your talent! Please submit entries to email@example.com by April 23. Entries should be shot horizontally and be no longer than 1 minute. Entries over 1 minute will be edited with Chris’ discretion. Entries over 2 minutes may not be included. Please put the following in the subject line: Talent Show / Name of Student / Grade. Entires not following guidelines may not be used. Questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher Appreciation Week, May 3-7
Get ready to thank our AMAZING teachers! Over break you can write a note or draw a picture to give to your teacher the first week in May. The Butler PTA is sponsoring some special events for our wonderful teachers this week as well :)
- Monday - you make us BLOOM! Bring your teacher a flower (real or picture) to brighten their day!
- Tuesday - teachers are NOTEWORTHY! Write your teacher a note to let them know how special they are!
- Wednesday - SUPPLY them with thanks! Bring in a class supply from their wish list (cleaning wipes, hand sanitizer, dry erase markers etc.)
- Thursday - TREAT your teacher! Bring a special snack (individually wrapped) for your teacher!
- Friday - Thanks are in the CARDS! Bring your teacher a gift card for coffee, takeout, manicure...whatever! Or make a special card for your teacher!
Picture Day - Thursday, May 6
More information to come soon.
Math and Science Night - Thursday, May 6 at 6:30 p.m.
To prepare for this event, the PTA will soon be sending home Foldscopes (foldable microscopes) with your students. There will also be a box of Foldscopes outside the school for our families of students who are remote --please take one per student.
A few things to know about these microscopes:
Food Trucks - Friday, May 7 from 4 to 7 p.m.
Alden Park-ed: wraps, salads, grilled cheese, lobster mac and cheese, fried dough, and more!
Visit www.bestfoodtrucks.com/butler to place your order. 15% of sales goes to Butler PTA. Please plan to pre-order to ensure that we have enough orders for the truck to come. Ordering will open on May 2.
Butler Garden Clean-up - Saturday, May 15
More details coming soon! Questions? Contact Liz Anderson at email@example.com or Becky Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Butler Belmont Books Event - Wednesday, May 19
More details coming soon! Questions? Contact Norah Piehl at email@example.com.
Multicultural Week - May 24-28
We are so excited for our Butler Virtual Multicultural Week! We are looking for your participation and hope you will share your culture with us! We are looking for videos of you reading a book from your culture, playing some music, cooking national food, teaching us some words in your native language, or anything else you would like to share about your culture. Additionally, we are looking for volunteers who are tech savvy and could help us with the editing and organizing of this material. Please email Mariola Magovcevic at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
PTA Events Calendar for the rest of the school year - Mark your calendars with these dates!
Please contribute $20 by April 16. You can either:
1) Conveniently pay using the PTA PayPal account.
2) Pay cash or check (made out to “Butler PTA”) to the Main Office where there will be an envelope labeled “MOVING ON 2021”.
3) Drop it off at 827 BELMONT STREET labeled with your child’s name.
4) Drop it in the secure lockbox/mailbox which is located to the right of the side entrance to Butler by the parking lot.
Questions or interested in joining the Moving On Team? Email email@example.com or BUTLERMOVINGON2021@GMAIL.COM.
The DEI Committee met for the first time at the beginning of the month to start discussing ways that we envision helping foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for the Butler community. As we start to further shape and establish the committee, we are determining areas of opportunity that we can help address. If you are interested in learning more about the committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.