Volume #2 September 15, 2020
Based on the recent guidelines established by the EEA, DESE, MIAA, Middlesex League, and Belmont Public Schools, and voted on by the School Committee, the following has been established for the Fall of 2020:
- Boys & Girls Soccer, Field Hockey, Golf, and Cross Country will take place in the 2020 Fall Season. Tryouts/practices will begin the week of Monday, September 21st.
- The Fall 2020 online athletic registration process has been ongoing all summer in anticipation of Fall Sports taking place. They will close Wednesday, September 16th. All student-athletes interested in trying out for a fall sport must be registered by 9/16. Due to strict health and safety guidelines, NO LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 9/16. Please visit the BHS website to access the Sign up form for Fall Athletics
- The standard BPS High School Athletic User Fee for a student’s first sport played of $450.00 along with all other required forms must be submitted no later than Wednesday, September 16th. *Please note that the Belmont School Committee will be discussing the current BHS Athletic User Fees and considering possible modification at their next meeting slated for Tuesday September, 15th.
For ALL players
- Masks are required to be worn at all times
- Hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing wipes – Athletes are encouraged to provide their own hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) and/or sanitizing wipes and use them frequently – including prior to and at the conclusion of a practice or game.
- Candidates are required to being their own water to tryouts & practices
- Soccer candidates are required to bring their own SOCCER BALL
- Daily, Mandatory Pre Participation COVID-19 screening will be conducted by your coach prior to any practice or game
- All candidates must have on file in the BHS Athletic office for the current 2020-2021 school year a parent permission form, MIAA
- Chemical Health form, BHS concussion education form and concussion history form.
- All candidates must have on file in the BHS Nurses office proof of a current physical within the last 13 months in order to try out.
- All candidates must have paid the BPS High School Athletic User Fee
Tryout Schedule Monday Sept 21 thru Saturday Sept 26th
All try-out will take place on the BHS Campus at their designated location . Coaches will be contacting candidates in advance of Monday, September 21st to let them know what (group / cohort) they will be in and what location / playing field to report to. Depending on the number of candidates (group / cohorts) may be assigned a specific day to report for tryouts. Participation numbers and roster limits may result in cuts needing to be made from all levels of each program.
- Girls’ Soccer (V,JV & Frosh) - Harris Field & Concord Ave Field - 3:00pm-4:15pm (M-F) & 12pm -1:30pm on Saturday 9/26
- Boys’ Soccer(V,JV & Frosh) - Harris Field & Concord Ave Field - 4:30pm - 5:45pm (M-F) & 10am - 11:30 am on Saturday 9/26
- Field Hockey (V,JV & Frosh) - Harris Field & Concord Ave Field - 6:00pm - 7:30pm (M-F) & 8am - 9:30 am on Saturday 9/26
- Girls’ Cross Country(V&JV) - Flag Pole in front of BHS Main Entrance - 3:00pm-4:30pm (M,W & F)
- Boys’ Cross Country (V&JV) - Flag Pole in front of BHS Main Entrance - 3:00pm-4:30pm (Tue& Thur) & 8am - 10:00 am on Saturday 9/26
- Golf Monday 9/21/20 - at Wayland Country Club Bus departs BHS Main Parking lot at 2:40pm
- Golf Tuesday 9/22/20 - at Belmont Country Club report time is 3:00pm
- Golf Wednesday 9/23/20 - at Belmont Country Club report time is 3:00pm