Varsity, JV and Freshman
Monday, September 21st is the first day of tryouts.
Location: Harris Field (Turf Field/Track) & Concord Ave. Field
Time: 3:00pm - 4:15pm
All try-outs will take place on Harris Field & Concord Ave Field . Coach Graham will be contacting candidates in advance of Monday, September 21st to let you know what (group / cohort ) you will be in and what field to report to. Depending on the number of candidates (groups / cohorts) may be assigned a specific day to report for tryouts. Participation numbers and roster limits may result in cuts needing to be made from all levels of the Soccer program.
- Monday, Sept 21st 3-4:15pm
- Tuesday, Sept 22nd 3-4:15pm
- Wednesday, Sept 23rd 3-4:15pm
- Thursday, Sept 24th 3-4:15pm
- Friday, Sept 25th 3-4:15pm
- Saturday, Sept 26th 12pm - 1:30 pm
For ALL players
- Masks are required to be worn at all times
- Candidates are required to being their own water to tryouts & practices
- Candidates are required to bring their own SOCCER BALL
- Daily, Mandatory Pre Participation COVID-19 screening will be conducted by your coach prior to any practice or game
- Please review the MIAA Sports Modification for Soccer by placing the following link in your browser: Soccer Modifications Fall 2020
- Athletic participation fee must be paid in order to try out. These are due Wednesday, September 16th.
- All candidates must have on file in the BHS Athletic office for the current 2020-2021 school year a parent permission form, MIAA
- Chemical Health form and BHS concussion education form
- All candidates must have on file in the BHS Nurses office proof of a current physical within the last 13 months in order to try out
- Depending on the number of candidates cuts may be made
Preseason tryouts and practices will be physically demanding. It is in your best interest to show up in shape and ready to play to the best of your ability.
Things to bring:
- running shoes,
- shin guards (Required),
- Soccer Ball (Required).
Interested candidates can contact Mr. Graham, Varsity Girl’s Soccer Coach, by email at email@example.com anytime for more information.
Start your application process for fall sports by filling out this form: Sign up form for Fall Athletics
BHS Parents & Student Athletes are reminded that the following required forms need to be completed prior to try-outs. These forms are now E-forms and parents will receive access to them in an e-mail from BPS after June 10th.
- Parent permission form
- MIAA Chemical Health form
- Concussion Education form
- Seasonal Concussion History form
Proof of a Physical Exam should be sent to The Belmont High School Nurse by July 31, 2020 to ensure that they are processed prior to the start of Fall Sports. Currently per the State Department of Public Health regulations, Physical Exams are ONLY GOOD for 13 months from the date of the exam, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Athletic Participation Fee
The athletic fee must be paid prior to the start of Fall Sports.( Due Date is August 15th) The on-line fee system will be available starting June 11th. If paying on-line, log in to the Belmont Public Schools website, click pay fees on-line and then follow the prompts.
Please take care of physicals and required athletic participation forms before arriving on the first day. There are many of these and candidates can only participate when ALL forms completed and are on file. It is recommended that you do this early/mid-summer to ensure your child can participate on the first day of tryouts. Make sure all paperwork is turned in before tryouts begin.
Players missing any requirements will not be able to participate in tryouts.