Varsity, JV & Freshmen
- Thursday, August 22nd,, 2019 is the first day of tryouts. Meet at Harris Field ( Turf Field/Track) at 7:00am.
- All players will need a stick, shin guards, goggles and a mouth guard.
- Depending on the number of candidates cuts may be made from all levels of the Field Hockey program.
- Preseason tryouts and practices will be physically demanding. It is in your best interest to show up in shape and ready to play to the best of your ability.
BHS Parents & Student Athletes are reminded that the following required forms need to be completed prior to try-outs. These forms are now E-forms and parents were sent them in an e-mail from BPS after fall sign-up meetings on June 10th.
- Parent permission form
- MIAA Chemical Health form
- Concussion Education form
- Seasonal Concussion History form
Proof of a Physical Exam should be sent to The Belmont High School Nurse by July 31, 2019 to ensure that they are processed prior to the start of Fall Sports. Per the State Department of Public Health regulations, Physical Exams are NOW ONLY GOOD for 13 months from the date of the exam, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Athletic Participation Fee
The athletic fee must be paid prior to the start of Fall Sports. The on-line fee system will be available starting June 11th. If paying on-line, log in to the Belmont High School website, click pay fees on-line and then follow the prompts.
Please take care of physicals and required athletic participation forms before arriving on the first day. There are many of these and candidates can only participate when ALL forms are on file. It is recommend that you do this early/mid-summer to ensure your child can participate on the first day of tryouts. Make sure all paperwork is turned in before tryouts begin. Players missing any requirements will not be able to participate in tryouts.
Things to bring:
- running shoes,
- shin guards (Required),
- goggles ( Required),
- mouth guard (Required),
- Field Hockey stick (Required).
Interested candidates can contact Varsity Field Hockey Coach Mrs. Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org