- Monday, August 21st There will be a mandatory meeting at 10:00am on the football field bleachers.. Members of the team and tryout participants must attend. Please take care of physicals and permission forms prior to this meeting (see specific due dates below).
- Tuesday, August 22nd
- Wednesday, August 23rd
Tryouts will be for all candidates at Fresh Pond Golf Course. Golfers should plan to arrive at Fresh Pond by 8:30am on Tuesday and Wednesday to play 18 holes of golf.
Your coach will be looking for high quality golf, including not only your ability, but also knowledge of the rules of golf and a demonstration of sportsmanship, integrity, and character.
Please make your own arrangements to get to and from the golf course on both days. There will be no charge for the golf.
For ALL players
- Athletic participation fee must be paid in order to try out, fee is due by August 1st. Application is available here.
- All candidates must have on file in the BHS Athletic office for the current 2023-24 school year a parent permission form, MIAA Chemical Health form and BHS concussion education form
- All candidates must have on file in the BHS Nurses office proof of a current physical within the last 13 months in order to try out
- Depending on the number of candidates cuts may be made
Interested candidates can contact Jeff Shea, Varsity Golf Coach, by email at email@example.com anytime for more information.
BHS Parents & Student Athletes are reminded that the following required forms need to be completed prior to try-outs. These forms are now E-forms and parents will receive access to them in an e-mail from BPS after June 10th.
- Parent permission form
- MIAA Chemical Health form
- Concussion Education form
- Seasonal Concussion History form
Proof of a Physical Exam should be sent to The Belmont High School Nurse by August 1 to ensure that they are processed prior to the start of Fall Sports. Currently per the State Department of Public Health regulations, Physical Exams are ONLY GOOD for 13 months from the date of the exam, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Athletic Participation Fee:
The athletic fee must be paid prior to the start of Fall Sports.( Due Date is August 1st). For paying on-line, log in to the Belmont Public Schools website, click pay fees on-line and then follow the prompts.
Please take care of physicals and required athletic participation forms before arriving on the first day. There are many of these and candidates can only participate when ALL forms completed and are on file. It is recommended that you do this early/mid-summer to ensure your child can participate on the first day of tryouts. Make sure all paperwork is turned in before tryouts begin.
Players missing any requirements will not be able to participate in tryouts.