Based on the recent guidelines established by the EEA, DESE, MIAA, Middlesex League, and Belmont Public Schools, and voted on by the School Committee, the following has been established for the Fall 2 season of 2021.
- Cheerleading, Football, Girls’ Swimming, Volleyball, Boys’ Winter Track & Girls’ Winter Track will take place in the 2021 Fall 2 Season. Tryouts/practices will begin the week of Monday, February 22, 2021.
- The Fall 2 online athletic registration process is open and will close on Wednesday, February 24, 2021. All student-athletes interested in trying out for a Fall 2 sport must be registered by Wednesday, February 24, 2020. Due to strict health and safety guidelines, NO LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 2/24. Please visit the BHS website to access the Sign up form for Fall 2 Athletics
- The BPS High School Athletic User Fee for a student’s first sport played of $325 (second sport $220, third sport $110) along with all other required forms must be submitted no later than Wednesday, February 24th.
Fall 2 Tryout Information with helpful sports specific details, dates and times can also be viewed on the Belmont High School Website.
Belmont Public Schools Athletic E-Forms information
A school email is sent to each student’s parent or guardian of record in the school’s data base, with access information to complete all of the required Belmont Public Schools Athletic E-Forms. These forms, which are submitted electronically are required to be completed prior to any participation.
- Parent permission form
- MIAA Chemical Health form
- Concussion Education form
- Seasonal Concussion History form
Proof of a Physical Exam should be sent directly to The Belmont High School Nurse by July 31, 2020 to ensure that they are processed prior to the start of Fall Sports. Currently per the State Department of Public Health regulations, Physical Exams are ONLY GOOD for 13 months from the date of the exam, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Athletic Participation Fee:
The athletic fee must be paid prior to the start of Winter Sports. If paying on-line, log in to the Belmont Public Schools website, click pay fees on-line and then follow the prompts.
Please take care of physicals and required athletic participation forms before arriving on the first day. There are many of these and candidates can only participate when ALL forms completed and are on file. It is recommended that you do this early/mid-summer to ensure your child can participate on the first day of tryouts. Make sure all paperwork is turned in before tryouts begin.
Players missing any requirements will not be able to participate in tryouts.