Our staff works hard to maintain a school culture which is positive, inclusive, and supportive of each of our members. We have high expectations, insist on respectful behavior, and recognize the importance of building a community where members feel a sense of belonging and responsibility to contribute. Our students have a right to be in an environment which is safe, promotes learning, and enables them to achieve success. In order for the children to meet these expectations, it is important that they understand the rules and responsibilities that guide our community. It is also important for students to accept responsibility for their behavior and to understand the consequences so that they learn from their mistakes.
- We show respect by caring for people and materials.
- We show respect by treating others the way we want to be treated.
- We show respect by being kind, considerate, & honest.
- People in a community care about each other.
- People in a community help each other.
- People in a community work as a team.
- We work hard.
- We do our best.
- When something is hard, we don’t give up.
Winn Brook's Student Behavior Handbook was developed by the School Advisory Council and is distributed at the start of each year. In addition, a "contract" is sent home for each student and parent or guardian to sign to indicate that they are familiar with the guidelines.
Winn Brook's "Student Behavior Handbook"
Winn Brook's Parent Handbook
Acceptable Use Policy for Students