In addition to our full time staff of classroom teachers, we have a principal, secretary, clerical aide, two custodians, a full-time nurse, two kitchen staff, four lunch aides, and a library aide. Special subject teachers work with children in the areas of physical education, art and music.
Special education and support staff includes the following:
- Language arts specialists provide extra small group or individaulized instruction to children in need of reading support.
- The speech and language therapist consults with teachers and provides services for students whose Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) indicates a special need in this area.
- The resource teacher and professional aides provide services to students with IEPs designating special education services. Resource teachers also observe and consult with classroom teachers concerning students with possible special needs or learning difficulties.
- Our guidance counselor (part-time) consults with teachers and parents and sees students individually or in groups around their social/emotional growth related to school functioning.
- The psychologist (shared between two schools) provides psychological services to students in need of such support and consults with staff and parents/guardians.
- The English as a Second Language (E.S.L.) tutor (part-time) provides tutoring for students who have been in this country for less than three years and who require support in acquiring English.