- Join the PTO by paying your Membership Dues - This $35 tax deductible donation contributes to the core of our annual fundraising efforts and gives you voting privileges at the annual meeting held in May of each year. Strong membership brings a strong community. Membership is open year-round. (Learn More)
- Volunteer on the PTO executive board, run a committee, or be a room parent - Help run one of the many programs, events, and activities that the PTO sponsors. Without active members, we can't bring all our wonderful events to the community. We start in the spring filling these positions, so be active and make a difference. (Learn More)
- Support & Attend Events - For all the many events and programs that we offer to the community- we need set-up volunteers, day-of volunteers and take-down volunteers. We also need Wellington families to gather their neighbors, extended families, and friends to come and enjoy our events and programs! (Learn More)
- Collect and turn in your Box Tops! Get the family, grandma/grandpa, and your neighbors involved! It's fun and kids get a kick out of it. There generally are some classroom competitions throughout the year to incent kids to get involved. (Learn More)
- Referral Fees on everyday purchases at no additional cost to you! Your usual purchasing can bring money to Wellington! (Learn More)
- Help in the school library. We need volunteers to assist with book circulation as well as keeping the library shelves organized and tidy.(Learn More)
Haven't found the perfect fit yet? Email us and we'll help guide you through it!
You can help keep fundraising activities at a tolerable level through membership. If everyone was to give $35 for membership, we would be able to focus less of the PTO's efforts on fundraising and more on enhancing our children's school experience. Ultimately, we would like all families to join the Wellington PTO. Please join and help us achieve our goal of 100% membership. Should you have additional questions, please contact us
for more information.
Please remember membership dues are tax-deductible, less $5 for the annual school directory.
And don't forget to check your company's corporate matching program and see if your donation does twice as much. If your company offers corporate matching, obtain a gift matching form from Human Resources and submit it to PTO membership through the school office and we will verify your contribution and return the form.
Return to Top
With over 60 Boards and Committees, you are sure to find a spot where you can contribute. We are currently hoping to fill the following coordinator positions for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Safe Routes to School
- Multicultural Night
- Science Night
- Winter Carnival
- Staff Raffle
- Treasury Team Member (to help at events)
- Morning Traffic Supervisor
- School Committee Meeting Reporter
Each spring, we look to fill positions for the next school year. Please let the current committee leader or any member of the PTO Executive Board know what might interest you.
Return to Top
How to Collect and turn in your Box Tops!
Box Tops for Education
Please clip the "Box Tops for Education" labels off of hundreds of participating products. Box Tops are worth 10¢ each when our school redeems them. The PTO sponsors a contest each Spring, so join the fun and start collecting!
Return to Top
Are you an Amazon.com shopper? If so, sign up to use Amazon Smile and designate 0.5% of your purchase price to support Wellington PTO, Inc. You use your existing amazon account, so it's simple and costs you nothing! Go to http://smile.amazon.com/about
for more details.
Return to Top
Library Volunteer Opportunities
The Wellington Library runs smoothly thanks to our wonderful school librarians and the assistance of many regular volunteers who assist with circulation. Parent volunteers also help with our semi-annual "shelf reads" when we take time to organize the collection and neaten up the shelves.
If you have any questions about our shelf reads or how to volunteer with your child's class, please contact one of our Library Volunteer Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org