In this week’s newsletter
Coffee With the Principal: Please join us for an informal coffee and breakfast bites with Tricia Clifford from 8:45-9:30 a.m. on March 18 at the Burbank Conference Room (across from the school library). Format is open-ended and topics to be discussed include MCAS and any other topics attendees bring up.
- Deadline Extended! Sign Up for Burbank's Geography Challenge
- STEM Night is 2/13: Sign Up to Volunteer!
- Belmont Books: Shop Online Till Midnight Today!
- Cradles to Crayons Donation Day: Friday, February 15th
- Movie Night: "Ferdinand" on March 8th
- Community Events: Mass Hort Workshop, Parent Speaker Series, FBE Auction/Gala
- Mark Your Calendars: February and March
Thank You to all the children who participated in Winter Walk-to-School Day, and organizers Hyon-Jee Voigt, Tiao Xie and Katie S'Bay. Thank you Katie Crow for the dance party on the blacktop! It was great to see the children enjoying fresh air and sunshine!
Thank you to all who voted for PTA Co-President last week. The results are in! Jessica Smith was overwhelmingly approved to be Burbank's PTA Co-President from now until September 2020. Jess has worked in the Belmont Public Schools for 16 years as an occupational therapist, has been the Belmont High School field hockey coach for 15 years, and has lived in Belmont for three years. She is parent to two current and one incoming Burbank students: Mia is in 3rd grade, Henry is in 1st grade, and Cameron will be entering Kindergarten in the fall. Jess completed college and graduate school at Tufts University. She hopes to bring her knowledge of education and the Belmont curriculum to the Burbank PTA. Welcome Jess! We're glad to have you on board!