We Strive for Love of Learning, Respect and Well Being
Learn Think Create Serve
Dear Burbank Families,
Now that school has been in session for a few days, my sense is that students, parents and teachers are settling into the new routines. This can sometimes be difficult for young children. I know teachers are working on daily routines, and I realize parents are also working on routines at home. Most children find a great deal of comfort in routines, especially before and after school. If there is any way that the school can help with suggestions on homework routines in particular, please ask your child’s teacher.
The PTA held a parent coffee this morning in the library-thank you to everyone who helped put this together, it was really nice to see many new faces, and returning families too.
I’m looking forward to seeing parents at the Burbank Curriculum Night, on Monday, September 17th. On Curriculum Night you can find out more about the routines and what your child will be learning this school year. Also, the first PTA meeting will be on Monday, September 24th, at 6:30 p.m., in the cafeteria, I hope you’ll be able to join us.
Tricia Clifford, Ed.D
Dates to Remember
- Friday, September 14: PTA Welcoming Coffee at 8:40 in the Library
- Monday, September 17: Burbank Curriculum Night, 6:30pm. (FOR PARENTS ONLY)
- Monday, September 24: PTA Meeting 6:30-8:15pm
- Friday, September 28: Burbank Fall Social 6:00pm
- Thursday, October 4: Individual & Class Picture Day
- Monday, October 8: NO SCHOOL – Columbus Day
- Wednesday, October 24: EARLY RELEASE –Parents Conferences- Tuesday schedule
- Wednesday, October 31: EARLY RELEASE – Parent Conferences-Friday schedule
- Wednesday, November 7: EARLY RELEASE – Parent Conferences-Thursday schedule
- Monday, November 12: NO SCHOOL – Veteran’s Day
Curriculum Night Schedule for Monday, September, 17 [6:30-8:15pm]
- 6:30-7:15 Grades 3 & 4 curriculum in classrooms
- 7:30-8:15 Grades K, 1 and 2 curriculum in classrooms
- 7:00-7:45 Meet specialists (Art, Music, PE) in their classrooms
- 7:00-7:45 Support Staff available in the cafeteria
- 6:30-8:15 PTA Members will be in lobby outside the gym for general information
- This is a Parent Only School Event. Children should NOT attend
- The PTA will have a table at Curriculum Night located outside the library.
Welcome back to the Burbank Library! For any new families interested in volunteering in the library, we will have two training sessions. Thursday Sept. 20st and Monday Sept.24th at drop off time. It is a very easy and friendly system for book circulation and should only take about 15 minutes. For those that can NOT make these dates/times please contact library parent volunteer, Amitha Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org. And she will try to meet with you at another time.
I look forward to another great year in the library with lots of good reading! Thank you for your support of our library. We couldn’t do it without our parents.
Robin Hines/Burbank Library
6th Annual Dan Scharfman Memorial Run – September 30th
The 6th Annual Dan Scharfman Memorial Run is only THREE weeks away! Celebrate the beginning of the school year by joining your family, friends, neighbors, classmates, and teammates at the community event of the season.
Run (or walk or stroll) as an individual or register as a team. It's time to lace up your running shoes and join the "I Ran the Dan" club! There are
5K and 2K Races, run one or both! Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 9:30 am at the Belmont High School Track. Race shirts given to the first 500 registrants. Last year, more than 850 runners “Ran the Dan” and more than $25,000 was raised to support teachers and education in Belmont. And if running isn’t for you, there are still many opportunities to be involved with this fantastic event. To learn about volunteer opportunities and donation options, please visit Foundation for Belmont Education website at www.fbe-belmont.org/run.!
PTA Meeting – September 24
Please join us for the first PTA meeting of the year on Monday, September 24 in the Burbank cafeteria. The meeting starts at 6:30p.m. Greet old and new friends.
Curriculum Night on 9/17
- Please visit the PTA Table in front of the library on Curriculum Night to learn more about the PTA's initiatives in Burbank and explore ways to participate.
- PTA & Belmont-Boston Friends Group -- Meet and Greet: 6:00-6:30 p.m. and 7:00-7:30 p.m. at conference room across from library. Contact Jenny Kresse with any questions at email@example.com.
How to Opt In to the Burbank Directory:
To be part of the Burbank Directory, please check off the box on the Student Update Form that gives the district your permission to include your and/or your child's information in the directory. The Student Update form link was sent on Sept. 6 in an email with subject line: “BURBANK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: Please verify information for <Student Name>"
New to the Burbank Library or need a refresher? Library training dates are on Thursday, Sept. 20 and Monday, Sept. 24 at 8:45 a.m. Contact Amitha Knight with any questions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.