This statement was developed by the school staff, the Burbank School Advisory Council and by the Student Council. This core statement is the foundation of our actions and decisions at Burbank School.
WE STRIVE FOR LOVE OF LEARNING, RESPECT & WELL BEING
LOVE OF LEARNING
- Showing interest and excitement about school projects and extending learning outside school
- Developing, sharing and challenging abilities and talents
- Respecting and fostering different styles of learning
- Recognizing effort and achievement by individuals and groups
- Taking risks as learners and using mistakes as opportunities to learn
- Demonstrating the 3Rs (Rights, Responsibility, Respect)
- Showing respect for each other and our environment
- Working together and cooperating with each other
- Celebrating all kinds of differences and similarities
- Taking pride in our work
- Respecting individual safety and safety of others
- Seeking help when needed
- Expressing, listening, caring and honoring ideas
- Demonstrating social responsibility
- Participating as a member of a supportive, caring school community
Mary Lee Burbank Family Handbook
Acceptable Use Policy for Students
This Code of Behavior and Respect is a combined effort by members of the Burbank School community. The student behavior code is based on the need to create and maintain a positive and safe climate of behavior. We also want children to carry over from the home those positive attitudes about good behavior that they have learned.
Burbank School Code of Behavior and Respect
BURBANK SCHOOL SONG, FLAG, MASCOT
We have a School song, written by two students (see song here). The School flag which hangs in the lower foyer was designed by students. The Beaver is the school mascot, selected by Student votes.