We always recommend that freshmen come to try-outs with the other student-athletes starting on Thursday, August 23rd. This would give you an opportunity to make the varsity or JV teams. It's also a great chance to get in some extra practice while meeting the upperclassmen.
- General freshmen practices will start on Tuesday, September 4th. They will be held during every day of the week from from 3:00 - 5:00pm.
Varsity & JV
Thursday, August 23rd is the first day of tryouts.
Meet on the field hockey field (next to the field house) at 9:00am. All players will need a stick, shin guards, goggles and a mouth guard.
- Practice on Thursday, August 23rd will be from 9:00 - 11:00am and 4:00 - 5:30pm.
- Practice on the Friday, August 24th is from 8:00 -10:00am and 2:00 - 3:30pm.
- Practices on Monday, August 27th will be a Varsity and Junior Varsity scrimmage against Concord-Carlisle (bus leaves around 9:15am).
- Practice on Tuesday, August 28th will be from 8:00 -10:00am (cuts for Varsity and JV will be made after practice on the 28th).
- Practices on August 29th, 30th, and 31st will be from 8:00 - 10:00am.
- Practice will typically be held from 3:00 - 5:00pm starting on Tuesday, September 4th.
Preseason tryouts and practices will be physically demanding. It is in your best interest to show up in shape and ready to play to the best of your ability.
Things to bring:
- running shoes,
- shin guards (Required)
- goggles ( Required)
- mouth guard (Required)
- Field Hockey stick (Required)
Interested candidates can contact Varsity Field Hockey Coach Mrs. Smith at email@example.com