We always recommend that freshmen come to try-outs with the other student-athletes starting on August 24th. This would give you an opportunity to make the varsity or JV teams. It's also a great chance to get in some extra practice while meeting the upperclassmen.
- General freshmen practices will start on Tuesday, September 5th. They will be held during every day of the week from from 3:00-5:00pm.
Varsity & JV
Thursday, August 24th is the first day of tryouts.
Meet on the field hockey field (next to the field house) at 9:00. All players will need a stick, shin guards, goggles and a mouth guard.
- Practice on Thursday, August 24th will be from 9 am - 11am and 3:00 to 4:30pm.
- Practice on the Friday, August 25th is from 8-10am
- Practices on August 28th, 29th, and 30th will be from 9-11am (cuts for Varsity and JV will be made after practice on the 29th)
- Practices on August 31st will be from 1-3pm
- Practice on Friday, September 1st will be from 9-11am
- Practice will be from 3-5pm starting on September 5th.
Preseason tryouts and practices will be physically demanding. It is in your best interest to show up in shape and ready to play to the best of your ability.
Things to bring:
- running shoes,
- shin guards (Required)
- goggles ( Required)
- mouth guard (Required)
- Field Hockey stick
Interested candidates can contact Varsity Field Hockey Coach Mrs. Smith at email@example.com