Welcome to the Belmont Public Schools. Below you will find all of the required forms and information you will need to begin your employment with BPS. Please contact the Human Resources Department with any questions.
New Employment – Required Forms
Please click on each link below to download, print, and complete each form. The first link provides instructions for filling out each form.
Completed paperwork must be submitted in-person to the Human Resources Department, along with a valid photo ID and proof of authorization to work in the US (See I-9 form instructions for allowable forms of identification). The Human Resources Department is located in the School Administration at 644 Pleasant Street, Belmont.
A background check must be completed prior to starting work in the District. If you have completed a fingerprint-based background check as a condition of employment in a Massachusetts school district in the past year, you may request that district to send a letter of suitability for employment to BPS Human Resources.
Training consists of online documents and videos which you can read or watch from your home computer. These training modules are required for all individuals working with BPS students. New BPS hires must complete all training and verify with their digital signature within one month of their date of hire.
1. Please click on each link in this section and complete all required reading or training:
Contact Human Resources with any questions or uncertainties you may have regarding any of the information.
2. Please complete the online course: Conflict of Interest Laws for Municipal Employees - SEE NOTES BELOW
- At the end of the course you will generate a personalized Certificate of Completion
- Do NOT use Google Chrome web browser or a mobile device to complete the online course, or your certificate will not generate properly - recommended browsers are Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari
- There is no way to submit the certificate automatically - you must print it and send it in manually
- Make sure your computer is connected to a printer, or print to a .pdf file
- Submit your printed Certificate of Completion to the HR Department by email, interoffice, or post.
3. When you have read and understood all of the documents and any questions have been answered, click here to complete a Google Form which will collect your signature, acknowledging that, as a condition of your employment in the Belmont Public Schools, you have completed all of the required training for this year.
Becoming a BPS Coach, Contractor, or Extra-Compensation Employee
Please see Employment Opportunities on this HR website for information on applying for positions with BPS.
Note that all applicants must complete and submit an online application in the AppliTrack system. Once you have submitted your application online, you will be contacted for an interview.