With a commitment to teaching and learning, the Belmont Public Schools strive to nurture the knowledge, skills, and emotional development of each student in order to create a community of engaged learners who contribute to the common good and are of service to others.
We believe that
- All students are capable of learning at high levels.
- Everyone deserves to learn in a safe and supported learning environment in which all members of the school community demonstrate respect for each other.
- Successful students and educators need 21st century skills, including the ability to solve problems, communicate effectively, collaborate, and think critically.
- A sense of community is essential for the development of every learner.
- Education for the whole child requires development of the child’s academic, social, physical, and emotional well-being.
- Education is best achieved when students, teachers, and parents work together.
- Students will work and live in a world very different from the one in which they, their teachers, and their parents grew up.
- Student success is measured in a variety of ways.
- Public education is the primary means society has for safeguarding democracy and achieving social justice.
Vision Statement: 2017
The Belmont Public Schools provide an innovative environment where all adults and children develop and apply the curiosity, skills, and habits of life-long learners. Our success is built on a partnership of educators, families, and community members that is committed to providing the means for Belmont’s children to create happy and successful lives.
In June 2017, all students in the Belmont Public Schools
- Learn: Develop the confidence and resilience that result from exceptional effort;
- Think: Authentically engage in a rigorous curriculum;
- Create: Apply their learning to address important challenges;
- Serve: Make a positive difference in the lives of other people.
Motto: 2012 - 2017
Learn * Think * Create * Serve